Satellite communications is a fast deployable and efficient way to connect multiple remote offices into a powerful global corporate network. It is a time-proven choice of global corporations, governmental customers, industrial companies and telecoms. Today, satellite terminals help to solve a number of social tasks, allowing rural areas, educational and health institutions, public authorities and rapid response service units to be connected to the broadband infrastructure.
LCDC has selected the EASTAR UHP-1000 satellite router, as it can be qualified as a universal and all-sufficient tool to deploy various VSAT networks of any topology and size. EASTAR satellite router can operate in various modes:
- SCPC, modem in a pair with another EASTAR router
- TDM/TDMA HUB of hub-and-spoke networks
- TDM/TDMA Star Terminal
- TDM/TDMA Mesh Terminal
- TDMA Full Mesh station of hub-less network
Switching between the operations modes is software controlled without need to replace the hardware or even on-site visit.
Main characteristics of this universal satellite modem are:
- Various modes of operations and topologies: SCPC, TDM/SCPC, TDM/TDMA, Half Mesh, Full Mesh
- First DVB-S2 VSAT technology with bandwidth-efficient LDPC coding in TDMA channel
- Innovative TDMA protocol with proven efficiency of 96% in comparison with SCPC channels
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay about 570 ms for TDMA mode of operations
- Fully operational network in minimal configuration requires just 120 kHz of satellite bandwidth
- Support of VLAN, multi-level QoS, codec-independent handling of real-time traffic
- Built-in adaptive 500-channel traffic manager specially designed for VSAT applications
- Satellite router is capable of receiving signals from two satellites simultaneously
- Web-based Network Management System allowing operating the network from everywhere
- Fast network startup — network is ready for use in just in a minute upon power-up
- Low power consumption allows using satellite terminals with various alternative power sources
- Compatible with the majority of C, Ku and Ka-band RF Systems, supplies power and reference signals
- Easy to install and operate hardware, user-friendly software configuration
De ce fait, les réseaux EASTAR sont nativement très évolutifs et flexibles, permettant les meilleurs couts d’investissement à travers toutes les phases de déploiement du réseau.